Personal identification information
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, chat or other details to help you with your experience. As of May 2020, we collect the following information from all visitors who visit our site:
your first and last name,
– your email address,
– the name of your organization,
– a password for your account, and
– your IP address.
– Billing information such as the biller’s contact name and email, physical address.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
– To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
– To improve our website in order to better serve you.
– To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To quickly process your transactions.
– To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
This is how we use the information you provide us above:
– We use your email address to update our CRM database and to send notification emails including announcements about new product features.
– We use your organization name to update our CRM and communicate with you with targeted messages.
– We use your password solely to verify access to your account. We do not store your actual password, just an undecipherable representation (encrypted hash).
– We use your IP address for personalisation based on where you are located and to help prevent fraud or abuse of our service.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
– We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use an SSL certificate
– We use SSL because we want to secure our website from potential hackers
Do we use ‘cookies’?
your shopping cart. They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
– Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
– Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
– Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Examples of Cookies we use:
– Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Site.
– Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Financial information, such as data related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information about our services from the Site is stored by our third-party payment processors.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is
appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and
services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Users are able to change their personal information:
– By emailing us
– By logging in to their account
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
– Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
– Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
– We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
– Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original
transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
– NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
– Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
– Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
– Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
– Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
– Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us.
– Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
– We need to perform a contract with you
– You have given us permission to do so
– The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
– For payment processing purposes
– To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Books For reading Online will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Books For Reading Online may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Books For Reading Online may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
– To comply with a legal obligation
– To protect and defend the rights or property of Books For Reading Online
– To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
– To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
– To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Books For Reading Online aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on
you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your
Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform
these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
– The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
– The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
– The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
– The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
– You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Books For reading Online